By Dr. Richfeel, Dermatology
Acne is a skin disease, characterised by sebaceous gland inflammation. It is chronic, and it affects teenagers mostly, however, it can also impact adults.
In normal skin conditions, sebaceous glands furnish an greasy secretion called sebum. However, in people with acne, a glands are incomparable and they furnish additional sebum. This additional sebum traps a bacteria, skin cells and oil. The proliferation and expansion of germ cause inflammations, so heading to acne. Common sites for acne are a face, chest, shoulders, and behind — a sites of oil glands.
What Causes Acne?
Acne lesions embody whiteheads, blackheads, tiny bumps, and nodules and cysts.
Though acne is radically a normal physiologic occurrence, certain conditions competence irritate a condition, including:
- Fluctuating hormone levels around a time of menses (women)
- Manipulating (picking/prodding) acne lesions
- Clothing (for example, hats and sports helmets) and headgear
There are no specific tests finished to diagnose or provide acne, however, your alloy competence ask we some questions. These questions include:
- If we have other skin diseases such as eczema (skin inflammation).
- Whether we use steroids.
- If we have other diseases that we take remedy for.
- If we have basin or other mood disorders.
- If we have strange periods, are profound or breastfeeding.
Acne treatments include:
- Over-the-counter Medications: These can come in a form of cleansers, washes and soaps. They enclose mixture such as-
- Benzoyl peroxide (Kills a germ that means acne, and prevents skin from drying out)
- Salicylic poison (unclogs pores and reduces sebum production)
- Prescription Medications: When over-the-counter remedy isn’t working, your alloy competence allot a following drugs:
- Products containing azelaic poison (Reduces acne comprised especially of blackheads)
- Antibiotics (Reduces inflammation)
- Retinoids: This form of medicine is chemically identical to vitamin A, that is profitable in preventing acne lacerations.
- Topical retinoid is practical directly to a skin
- Oral retinoid such as isotretinoin is usually prescribed for critical cases
- Other Medications: Applying zinc or undergoing laser therapy can assistance revoke acne and transparent a acne spots as well.